Track & Field
- Youth Development League
- Kent Young Athletes League
- Sportshall Athletics
- Southern Athletics League
- Kent Vets League
Talented Athlete Programme 2021
Posted: 29th Dec 2020 by Lewis Smith
Ashford Leisure Trust is delighted to confirm its partnership with Freedom Leisure who now manages the Julie Rose Stadium, Stour Centre, and Conningbrook Lakes. This new partnership will help to continue to deliver the annual Talented Athlete Programme established by Ashford Leisure Trust in 2012. It is a bursary programme for talented athletes (of any sport) living within the borough of Ashford.
Ashford Leisure Trust and Freedom Leisure are both non-profit making charities and are funding this programme to help support local talented athletes. Selected talented athletes benefit from:
- Up to £200 of financial support for one year (for use to help cover travel, training costs, clothing, footwear and equipment).
- One full years’ gym membership, currently at the Julie Rose Stadium, and use of the athletics track. The Stour Centre is due to re-open in the summer of 2021, upon which use of the gym and pools (during public swim sessions) will also be available.
- Talented Athlete Programme branded training kit.
- Assistance with the promotion of your achievements through websites, social media, and the local media.
- 15% discount at PodPlus on services and products. Access to the PodPlus team for expert advice and half-price runners MOT (Offer £20, RRP £40).
For more information about the programme and to access the application form, please see below: